Monday, June 27, 2005

June 24: I ache

Walking was hard today. My feet are aching with soles pounding. I should get some better inserts in Stehekin.

The scenery continues to be very striking and magnificent, but feels only natural or normal to me now. Part of me is too busy getting readjusted to the way this feels again to care all that much about what it looks like out here. I can't seem to find a comfortable place to sit these last couple of days.

Rain threatened a few times today, but thank God never fell.

We put in almost 25 miles and are feeling good about our progress, planning out how we are going to use our time now that we have no immediate plans or pre-scheduled rendezvouses to work around.

I shouldn't be so negative, I guess. The first half of the day was really nice--sunny, grand, envigorating. Eliza is feeling pretty well. We both look forward to getting into Stehekin on Sunday night for a hot meal.

And looking forward to tomorrow as well, hoping to feel a bit more up and alive.

Now to finish this Steinbeck novel.

No comments: